9 Travel Tips You Need to Know
Travel tips you should know
1) Travel with hiking back pack. Suitcases are too hard and bulky they take up too much room. you can fit so much more into a hiking backpack especially when traveling during the summer. You don’t need as much clothes, shorts and a T-shirt usually suffice.
2) Use Instagram # of town or city you are visiting to see what fun areas people are posting about. Even other visitors to the town often post on Instagram their cool/unique sites that they saw not your general Touristy pictures. Utilize the # And come up with a few places off the beaten path that you want to explore.
3) Head to local bar/pub and talk to locals. They love to tell you the hidden secrets of their town. especially in Ireland, the locals love to talk to Americans about their favorite spots in their own town. As the night progresses and more drinks start to flow you may even make a new best friend.
4) Stay away from cruises. Unless you want to take a cruise with families that continue to yell at each other 24/7 and most families being from New York, New Jersey or Boston I would advise you not to. On a serious note, a cruise that’s docked in the shipyard, it seems most tourists are more concerned with what time they have to be back at the boat as opposed to enjoying the actual place they are at.
P.S. Always make the extra effort to go to the secluded beach. if a local walks up and ask you how the hell did you find this place!? You’re doing it right.
5) Don’t be hesitant to sit down at a restaurant if the hostess or waiters don’t speak English. They will find someone who does. Sometimes it’s the cook himself. Best meal we had in Austria was telling the cook to surprise us with what he wanted to make. I’m still not even sure what we had or what it was called but it was delicious and I didn’t die. If you continue to panic no worries, a universal sign to order food is finger pointing followed by a thumbs up.
P.S. Always order alcohol with lunch. Great ideas arise from a boozy lunch especially when on vacation.
6) Travel with like minded individuals. Nothing worse than someone who wants to sleep in until noon and you are ready to go for a hike at 7 am.
7) Speaking of 7 am, if you want pictures of beautiful town squares and scenery, but don’t want tourists in all your pictures, get up early. It’s the best time to get a clear picture. Tourist buses don’t start rolling in until 9 am usually.
P.S. When doing handstands in a public place make sure to tuck your shirt in if you’re a female. If not, old German ladies judge harshly.
8) Also do not attempt handstands if you cannot to do them. Even sand hurts when you fall awkwardly.
9) Lastly, stop and make out. Sometimes you get so wrapped up in trying to cram as many activities in each day, it doesn’t feel like vacation. Kiss your loved one as often as you can, it goes a long way.
read more travel tips
This blog was submitted by: Pete Kehoe from CrossFit Redzone.
Wanna submit a blog? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pete signed up for the Croatia 2020 trip with Voyedge RX. Be like Pete. See what trips we have going on here on our Trip Calendar.