8 DAYS, 7 NIGHTS THROUGH ROME, SORRENTO, POSITANO, CAPRI, POMPEII AND MT. VESUVIUS
SEE THE BEST OF ROME, COLISEUM, VATICAN CITY, TRASTEVERE, PANTHEONAND MORE. THEN HEAD TO THE WORLD FAMOUS AMALFI COAST: POSITANO, CAPRI, POMPEII, SORRENTO, NAPLES.
NEXT TRIP - MAY 19TH-26TH, 2018
Additional trip dates down below
(30 spots left)
TOTAL = $1,599
ADDITIONAL ROME + AMALFI COAST TOUR dates
30 SPOTS LEFT
30 SPOTS LEFT
**Interested in this tour, but our dates don't work for you?
Organize a custom trip with a minimum of 5 people. Email us to start the conversation. **
MAP OVERVIEW OF THIS TOUR
FLEXIBLE PRICING + INVOICING OPTIONS
Place your deposit for any trip and chip away at the total cost. VoyEdge RX will send you an invoice to be paid off as you please. Balance must be paid off at least 60 days before departure.
Military, CrossFit Coaches and first responders receive an automatic 5% discount on their invoice.
OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO
ALL THE INFO
+ Rome + amalfi coast trip summary
This 8 day, 7 night itinerary will take you through Rome in three days and Italy's iconic Amalfi Coast over the next four days. While hitting every major tourist attraction in Rome (including some CrossFit boxes), although the real magic of this trip lies in Italy's majestic Amalfi Coast. May is typically the BEST time to go. And it is home to some of the world's most famous movie locations, celebrity houses, and painted houses nestled among scenic cliffs that will leave you breathless.
You will start the trip out by landing in Rome and touring the 'Eternal City.' Over the next two and a half days, you will see Rome's Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum, the Coliseum, The 'Layer Cake,' The Vatican, St.Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Church of Bones, and more. Your accommodations will be centrally located and will include tickets to all of the above sights and attractions, as well as breakfast and group dinners in Rome + the Amalfi Coast!
Your tickets will also allow you to skip the lines (an important thing in Rome during tourist season). From there, you'll be whisked away for an incredible four days in the Amalfi Coast. You will see and spend the day in Positano, hike and boat tour in Capri, and see Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius.
As if that wasn't enough, you'll do beach WOD's, box drop-ins (Rome), and enjoy breakfast and dinner included in the price of the trip. Trust me, this itinerary is jam-packed with everything to do and see. We know Rome and Amalfi like the back of our hand, so you can be assured this trip will be a blast. Seem Rome and Amalfi the right way - with VoyEdge RX.
+ getting to rome, italy
VoyEdge RX does not provide flights within our packages. That is an additional cost, however, we do provide 100% of the required transportation + accommodation once on the trip. We will also meet you at the airport or arrange for proper pick-up, as well as drop-off.
For this trip, please arrive into Rome as early as possible on Day 1. As far as departure day, please book your flights for after 12pm on the last day of the scheduled itinerary.
FLY-IN: Rome, Italy (FCO)
FLY-OUT: Rome, Italy (FCO)
To search for flights now, please visit www.momondo.com You can expect to pay around $480-800 for a RT flight.
+ group discounts + rates
If you are traveling with a group, please have your group leader send us an email noting the members of the group. VoyEdge RX will then provide a 48 hour window (and promo code) for those group members to book with. Note members of your group MUST book within that 48 hour window to receive the eligible discount off their invoice.
If you are traveling solo, chances are we may try to place you in a room with another solo traveler of the same sex and age. Please let us know during the booking process if you have additional needs or other requests. We will place couples in private rooms.
Veterans, first responders and CrossFit Coaches receive an automatic 5% off their invoice. Please provide proof during your booking.
Group Rates are as follows:
3+ = 5% off per person, 5+ = 7% off per person, 8+ = 10% off per person, 10+ = 12% off per person.
+ what's included
- All transportation, accommodations, and breakfast and dinner everyday on the trip
- Professional guided walking tour of Rome (Over several days includes: Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, Campo, Trastevere district, Colosseum, Roman Forum, Aventine Keyhole, Roman Catacombs, Sistine Chapel, Vatican City, St. Peter's Basilica, group cooking class - make your own pasta and eat it!) - and the best part! Skip all the lines with VoyEdge RX!
- Transportation to Italy's Amalfi Coast (three hour drive)
- Four days in Sorrento, Capri, Positano, Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius. Transportation to all included!
- See the colorful cliffs of Positano and the black sand beaches
- Boat tour out to the Italian island of Capri
- Take a boat tour around Capri and see the world famous Blue Grotto, tunnel of love, and homes of the Giorgio Armani commercials (included in price)
- Hike to the top of Capri and topple Mt. Solaro (enjoy the wild views from the top)
- Hike down Anacapri - taste the homemade limoncello and traverse the 'Stairs of God'
- Group dinners in Sorrento
- Optional pub crawl at the English Garden in Sorrento
- Tour and transportation to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius (optional, but included in the price)
- Pick up and drop-off at Rome's Fuimincino airport (or reimbursement for train in and out of the city)
- Head back to Rome for the night and then departure the next morning!
+ what's not included
- Your RT flight (email us directly for recommendations and assistance)
- Extra spending money
- Lunches, snacks
- some optional tours in Amalfi Coast
- Anything else not listed in the 'Included' section
+ transportation, accommodation + optional tours
In each city we'll stay in hotels or very upscale hostels in the city centers. There may be a chance we split the group up into AirBnB's depending on availability at hotels. Italy is notorious for small hotels and bed and breakfasts. You won't have to worry about transportation from there - everything will be on foot, bus, or train and led by multiple VRX tour guides/coaches.
As far as transportation goes, your arrival into Fiumincino Airport will be easy. We will either pick you up from the gate, or arrange your transportation back to the hotel in Rome. From there, all the required ground transportation, walking tours and transfers (boat in Amalfi) and subway rides will be on VoyEdge RX. You won't have anything to worry about. We'll also pay for your trip back to the airport at the end of the tour! All box drop-ins are also included.
There will be optional tours on this itinerary. If you'd like to break off from the group, go for it! We will have hikes, walking tours and other activities that are paid for as part of the trip, but again, this is your vacation, feel free to come and go as you please. We will always set up a rallying point to meet back up later.
+ where you'll go
- Rome, Italy
- Sorrento, Italy
- Positano, Italy
- Capri, Italy
- Mt. Vesuvius
- And more!
+ box drop-ins + hikes
- CrossFit Trastevere (Rome)
- CrossFit Villa Albani (Rome)
- CrossFit 11K (Rome)
- In Amalfi Coast - Travel WOD's / Beach WOD's / Mobility / Hikes
- Monte Solaro Hike (Isle of Capri)
- Travel WOD's and or hikes in Sorrento and Positano (both optional)
+ trip highlights
- Spend 8 days, 7 nights touring the most iconic areas of Rome and the Amalfi Coast during peak season
- Skip the lines with VoyEdge RX and see the top destinations in Rome such as: The Coliseum, The Vatican, Roman Forum, Layer Cake and more
- Drop-in to some of Rome's best CrossFit gyms in the morning (to avoid the sweltering heat) and spend your days touring the 'Eternal City'
- See The Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Castle Sant'angelo, Pantheon, Cat Sanctuary (where Caesar was killed), and so much more
- Tour the colorful cliffs and spend the day at the beach in Positano - Italy's most charming cliffside town
- Spend the day hiking and touring some of the most iconic spots on the Island of Capri - where the Giorgio Armani commercials are filmed
- Pub crawl and enjoy group dinners, shopping, and more in the charming seaside town of Sorrento, Italy
- Tour the ancient town of Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, and more (tickets included)
- Enjoy RT transportation to the Amalfi Coast and back to Rome, as well as back to the airport on departure day!
- Stay in incredible hotels in Rome and in the Amalfi Coast
- Participate in travel WOD's, optional hikes, dynamic mobility sessions, and more
- Did we mention the incredible hikes, pasta, and wine you'll enjoy on this trip? It's OK - your Paleo diet can take a break for 8 days!
+ day by day
Day 1: Arrive in Rome throughout the day- small guided walking tour of the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Piazza Novona, and Campo Di'Fiori in the evening into sunset for a group dinner
Day 2: Morning WOD and guided walking tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and the Aventine Keyhole. Optional Catacombs Excursion. Bar crawl in Trastevere after group dinner that night
Day 3: Morning WOD, followed by a walking tour (skip the lines with VRX!) of The Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Castle Sant'angelo and more. Followed by a group cooking class (3 hours long) with Prosecco or wine, pasta making, dinner, limoncello, and of course, some sweets!! Free time to explore your last night in Rome!
Day 4: Morning WOD (hello again) followed by a brush-up at the hotel before we depart for Italy's Amalfi Coast. Group dinner at night
Day 5: Board the ferry to Capri (ticket included) and enjoy an optional boat tour around Capri, as well as hike up Monte Solaro (the view from the top is amazing!) and take the 'Stairs of God' down past Anacapri (the home of limoncello). Rest up and eat at Marina Grande before heading back to Sorrento.
Day 6: Take the bus from Sorrento to Positano and enjoy the black sand beach and colorful cliffside town! Hike down the stairs and grab a panini and bottle of wine at Vini e Panini and hang out amongst the shops. Optional hike in town past Positano with Tony (called, 'The Path of the Gods') about 3 hours RT. Head back to Sorrento for a group dinner and optional pub crawl at the English Garden! In Positano, there are optional activities (not included) such as renting a boat, kayaking, paddle boarding, etc.
Day 7: Head to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius (take the train from Sorrento - about 25 minutes + tickets included) return around 1pm and depart from Sorrento at 4 pm to head back to Rome. Check-in to hotel and get ready to depart tomorrow! Day 8: Departure day. Hangout in Rome for a few hours, before heading back to the airport! VRX will pay for your train ticket back to the airport!
+ why you should book
It's hard to know where and what to see when traveling to Italy. Everything is gorgeous, and everyone has suggestions and ideas on what to do. So, take it from a company who has years of experience living and working in Rome and the Amalfi Coast. VoyEdge RX has tackled just about every activity you can do in Rome and the Amalfi Coast, and we've put our best foot forward in terms of accommodations, activities, workouts, hikes, sightseeing, and more.
You'll arrive in Rome and head to the hotel (TBA) for a walking tour. Over the next few days, you'll see the BEST sights in Rome, all while skipping the lines and tourist traps. Everything from the Colosseum, to The Vatican, catacombs, Piazza Navona, Cavour, and more, you'll be tired and inspired by 'The Eternal City.'
From there, our next four days in Sorrento, Capri, Positano, Ravello, Pompeii, etc. will leave you inspired for life. See where limoncello is made, where the Giorgio Armani commercials were filmed, and hike to the top of Monte Solaro and then down again via the 'Stairs of God.' Enjoy the colorful, charming cliffside town of Positano, the ruins of Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius before departing back to Rome for the end of the trip. Sound good to you? Good. Grab your friends and let's go.
The best of Rome (without the lines) Italy's Amalfi Coast and more. CrossFit, hikes, tours, breakfasts, dinners, transportation + accommodation included.
+ fun fact
- "SCUSI! MI DISPIACE" = EXCUSE ME! I AM SORRY!
- 'DOVE È PORTAFOGLI?' MEANS = 'WHERE IS MY WALLET?'
- 'HO AVUTO TROPPO VINO' MEANS = I'VE HAD TOO MUCH WINE.
IN CASE YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS...
ROME + AMALFI COAST BLOG POSTS
CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS TRIP
All rights reserved. 2017 by VoyEdge RX LLC.