8 DAYS, 7 NIGHTS IN SAN JOSE, THE RAINFOREST AND PUERTO VIEJO
SEE ONE OF THE WORLD'S MOST UNIQUE ECOSYSTEMS, DO SUNRISE YOGA, SURF, HIKE, BEACH WOD'S AND SO MUCH MORE.
NEXT TRIP - SEPTEMBER 9TH-16TH, 2017
Additional trip dates down below
(8 SPOTS LEFT)
TOTAL = $1,149
FLEXIBLE PRICING + INVOICING OPTIONS
Place your deposit for any trip and chip away at the total cost. VoyEdge RX will send you an invoice to be paid off as you please. Balance must be paid off at least 60 days before departure.
Military, CrossFit Coaches and first responders receive an automatic 5% discount on their invoice.
Oh, the places you'll go
ALL THE INFO
+ COSTA RICA TRIP SUMMARY
Spend 8 days, 7 nights soaking in the warm weather, doing yoga, eating healthy, white water rafting, snorkeling, kayaking and more on this epic journey to the Caribbean of Costa Rica.
You'll fly-in to San Jose, Costa Rica, spend the night at a nearby hostel, and be swiftly picked up the next morning to go on a whitewater rafting excursion with breakfast and lunch included.
From there, you'll be escorted to the world famous Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge in Puerto, Viejo with an overlook into the Caribbean sea. With glorious tropical gardens, tremendous exotic wildlife, a massive yoga platform, your all-inclusive stay (except dinners, however, we will have two group dinners on VRX) will be filled with activities over the next five days.
Monday through Friday are filled with other activities such as waterfall hikes, ocean kayaking, surf lessons, snorkeling, zoo tours, pub crawling, group dinners, beach WOD's and more. There is also a free, two hour surf lesson included, rainforest trek and animal sanctuary tour as well.
All round-trip transportation, accommodations, breakfasts, lunches, tours, activities and some dinners included!
+ GETTING TO COSTA RICA
VoyEdge RX does not provide flights within our packages. That is an additional cost, however, we do provide 100% of the required transportation + accommodation once on the trip. We will also meet you at the airport or arrange for proper pick-up, as well as drop-off.
For this trip, please arrive into Costa Rica as early as possible on Day 1. As far as departure day, please book your flights for after 12pm on the last day of the scheduled itinerary.
FLY-IN: San Jose, Costa Rica (SJC)
FLY-OUT: San Jose, Costa Rica (SJC)
To search for flights now, please visit www.momondo.com You can expect to pay around $200-400 for a RT flight.
+ GROUP DISCOUNTS AND RATES
If you are traveling with a group, please have your group leader send us an email noting the members of the group. VoyEdge RX will then provide a 48 hour window (and promo code) for those group members to book with. Note members of your group MUST book within that 48 hour window to receive the eligible discount off their invoice.
If you are traveling solo, chances are we may try to place you in a room with another solo traveler of the same sex and age. Please let us know during the booking process if you have additional needs or other requests. We will place couples in private rooms.
Veterans, first responders and CrossFit Coaches receive an automatic 5% off their invoice. Please provide proof during your booking.
Group Rates are as follows:
3+ = 5% off per person, 5+ = 7% off per person, 8+ = 10% off per person, 10+ = 12% off per person.
+ WHAT'S INCLUDED
- All roundtrip transportation and accommodation
- Transportation TO and FROM airport and to Puerto Viejo
- Breakfast and lunch everyday on the trip
- Two group dinners (welcome and farewell)
- All day white water rafting excursion (with trans. included)
- 2 nights in San Jose, Costa Rica
- 5 nights at the world famous 'Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge' in Puerto Viejo
- Daily yoga sessions at Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge (classes run from sunrise to sunset)
- Accommodations include a Caribbean view
- Jungle and Waterfall trek included
- Free two hour surf lesson
- All day beach excursion with paddleboards, kayaks, surfboards, snorkel gear and more
- Daily beach WOD's / Runs
- Two optional pub crawls in Puerto Viejo
- Ticket to Puerto Viejo's wildlife sanctuary
+ WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Your RT flight (see below for recommendations)
- Some tours (ATV, Parasailing, and other options in Puerto Viejo)
- Car rental (you might want to rent one - not necessary for any portion of the trip though)
- All optional day trips (these can all be booked from our hotel)
- Some dinners
- Drinks during the pub crawl
- Anything else not listed in the 'Included' section
+ TRANSPORTATION + ACCOMMODATION + OPTIONAL TOURS
Depending on the size of each Costa Rica excursion, we may stay one night in San Jose, Costa Rica. In that cast, you'll stay at Alajuela Backpackers on arrival night, before departing to go whitewater rafting early the next morning. Alajeula Backpackers is a ten minute drive from the airport.
In Puerto Viejo, you'll be staying at the world famous Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge, which is both eco-friendly and where breakfast, lunch, yoga and easy access to all of Puerto Viejo is available to you.
Cashew Hill overlooks the Caribbean and boasts some incredible sunrises and sunsets.
Optional tours...you may choose to venture off in some of your free time. All of the information can be ascertained and booked from Cashew Hill's front desk.
+ WHERE YOU'LL GO
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
- White Water Rafting in the Mountains
- Cahuita National Park
- Manzanillo, Costa Rica
- San Jose, Costa Rica
+ YOGA + TRAVEL WOD'S
Included in the price of this trip are one daily yoga session (sunrise or sunset - you pick) and one beach WOD per day. Depending on the size of the group, we'll offer a morning and night WOD.
Costa Rica is an active place, so you'll have PLENTY to do during your stay there.
Unfortunately, there is no CrossFit Box in Puerto Viejo (yet).
+ TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Spend 8 days on the beaches and in the rainforests of Costa Rica
- Enjoy pickup and drop off right at the airport
- Go whitewater rafting in the rainforest and jungle on day 2!
- Free two hour surf lesson in Puerto Viejo!
- Inclusive breakfast and lunch during your time at Cashew Hill
- Enjoy sunrise / sunset yoga right at the Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge
- Go on a guided rainforest waterfall tour
- Go kayaking, paddle boarding and snorkeling in the Caribbean Sea
- See exotic wildlife and explore the sanctuaries filled with sloths, snakes and more
- Engage in daily beach WOD's in and around Puerto Viejo
- Stay at the world famous Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge in Puerto Viejo
- Party in the small town of Puerto Viejo and get to know the locals
- Plenty of relaxation time in Puerto Viejo...this is your vacation
- RT transportation TO and FROM the airport. No hassle or stress
+ DAY BY DAY
- Day 1 - Arrive in San Jose at the airport and head to the hostel for the night / Alajuela Backpackers / Explore San Jose
- Day 2 - Early pick-up to go whitewater rafting. Breakfast and lunch included. Check in to Cashew Hill in the evening. Group dinner
- Day 3 - Yoga (morning or night sessions) tour of Puerto Viejo. Beach WOD. Lunch, then free time to explore
- Day 4 - Wildlife sanctuary excursion. Beach WOD. Yoga. BAR CRAWL!
- Day 5 - Rainforest waterfall excursion. Optional WOD in Puerto Viejo. Group dinner
- Day 6 - Sea kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling day. FREE two hour surf lesson. Optional beach WOD. Yoga session
- Day 7 - Yoga in the AM, free day in Puerto Viejo. Afternoon beach WOD. Depart from Cashew Hill Jungle Lodge in the evening. Arrive at San Jose hostel or airport for departure.
+ WHY YOU SHOULD BOOK
Costa Rica is a developing country....with its unique ecosystems and up and coming economy, tourists are flocking there like never before. The pristine beaches, the incredible jungles and wildlife...it's absolutely a paradise.
That being said, Costa Rica has no working mail system. There are no addresses, everything very much works from word of mouth and person to person interaction. You should look to go on a group excursion to Costa Rica.
Yes, Costa Rica is safe, but knowing where to go, what to do and what to see beforehand makes for the perfect reason to relax, soak in the sun, do yoga and explore the rainforests, mountains, beaches and waterfall.
Did we mention you're staying at the BEST hostel in Puerto Viejo? A nearly all-inslusive stay is going to more than make your week here an ever-lasting memory.
+ FUN FACT
PURA VIDA (POO-RAH VEE-DAH) LOOSELY MEANS: 'PURE LIFE' AND IS STRICTLY NATIVE TO COSTA RICA